*Orders will be shipped out by November 6th
Wake up every morning of December with a new tea to try! With the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023, you can get into the holiday spirit with amazing Japanese green tea. Each tea will come with a short poem for you to ponder while you drink your tea. Perfect gift for family members and friends and a great thing to share with your loved ones this holiday season!
What is the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023
This loose leaf tea advent calendar includes 28 different kinds of teas, including mostly loose leaf teas, but there are a few matcha teas thrown in as well. This is the best advent calendar option if you are interested in trying a bunch of different green teas at once. If you are more interested in focusing on matcha tea, you can also check out our matcha advent calendar.
What’s in the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023
In the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023, you’ll find 20 different kinds of loose leaf tea and 8 different types of matcha tea. Let’s briefly discuss each one you’ll learn about.
- 5g Kasugaen Asatsuyu Sencha: A deep steamed sencha from Kagoshima. The tea starts out with a light sweet corn note, followed by a nice edamame or baby spinach note that intensifies from steeping to steeping.
- 5g Murasaki Sencha: Super green, deep steamed tea from Kagoshima. This fukamushi sencha has a bold full-bodied flavor, with plenty of sweetness and a hint of fruit.
- 5g Kamairicha Issin: pan-fired green tea from the mountains of Takachiho with a nice roasted flavor with a light cashew nut note.
- 5g Gyokuro Cha Musume: In the first day of the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2022, you’ll get to try our most popular gyokuro, a Yabukita gyokuro from Kagoshima with a straight to the point umami flavor
- 5g Fukamushi Yamaga: Fruity tasting deep steamed tea from Shizuoka that's also excellent as a cold brew.
- 5g Kukicha Osada FF: A stem tea from the mountain village of Isagawa that has a nice hay flavor and a mineral note at the end
- 5g Bancha Masuda: A Shizuoka tea made from more mature tea leaves. Has a pleasant wooden note and can be steeped up to 6 times.
- 5g Henta Okumidori: A mild, single cultivar sencha from Kirishima that has a pleasant fruity note to it
- 5g Gyokuro Cha Meijin: The most premium Gyokuro made from Mr. Sakamoto, extremely sweet and umami with a dense liquor
- 5g Gyokuro Sasa Hime: A well-balanced blended Gyokuro from Mr. Sakamoto in Kagoshima with a mix of umami, vegetal and sweet.
- 2g Matcha Seisui: The first matcha in the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023 stronger, grassier Yabukita Matcha from the Kyoto region. This matcha works better for Matcha lattes
- 2g Matcha Koiai: A bold, sweet Gokou Matcha from the region of Shizuoka
- 2g Matcha Washimine: A smooth and creamy Okumidori Matcha from Kyoto. This is a great matcha for "koicha", a thicker matcha made during the tea ceremony
- 2g Matcha Kakitsubata: A fresh, vegetal Yabukita matcha from the region of Shizuoka. This matcha also works well in a latte
- 2g Henta Matcha: A sweet and fresh matcha coming from the Kirishima region in southern Japan
- 5g Henta Saemidori: A sweet and umami single cultivar sencha with a thick liquor and a bright green color
- 5g Henta Asanoka: A slightly dry, single cultivar sencha with a pleasant cereal note to it
- 5g Karigane Sakamoto: A beautiful stem tea made from the same plant used to produce Gyokuro. Smooth, sweet and fruity tea that makes a great cold brew
- 5g Kukicha Chanoka: Made with slightly more stems than the Karigane. The tea is light, minerally and it has a slightly fruity note to it
- 5g Nuruki Shincha: The first picked green tea of the spring, with a sweet and savory flavor and a light finish. This tea comes from Chiran, in the far south of Japan.
- 2g Noike Matcha: A smooth and round Okumidori matcha from the area around Kyoto. This tea has less bitterness than a standard Yabukita Matcha
- 5g Noike Hojicha: Sweeter roasted tea with a mouthwatering sensation and a subtle aftertaste of coffee.
- 5g Kuki Hojicha: Powerful roasted tea made from the stems of the tea plant. This tea is very low in caffeine and delivers a powerful coffee or chocolaty flavor profile
- 5g Kasugaen Golden Sencha: The final tea in the loose leaf tea advent calendar 2023 is a powerful, high grade Yabukita Sencha from Mr. Kawaji in Kagoshima. This one is for the true tea lovers!
- Gyokuro Wakamusha: A super smooth and slightly vegetal Okumidori Gyokuro from Mr. Sakamoto in Shibushi
- Shizuku Sencha: Made in Chiran with a combination of sencha leaves and matcha powder, designed to be the ultimate cold brew
- Chanoka Silver: A super smooth and velvety matcha from Uji, the most famous matcha producing region in Japan
- Chanoka Okumidori: Another great matcha from Mr. Takada in Uji. This matcha comes from the Okumidori cultivar and has become a fan favorite